11 Things for Singles to do on Valentine's Day
So, you're single and it’s Valentine’ Day. Well, now is the time to realize Valentine’s Day is not just for couples. It is day to celebrate people that you care about including yourself. Here is a list of things you can do to love yourself, your family, and your friends.
1. Day Spa: This one is an all-time favorite. Whether you do it with friends or go alone. This is a great way to pamper yourself.
2. Buy Yourself Something Special. Do shoes, jewelry, or something else do it for you? Whatever it is that you have a penchant for, treat yourself to it for Valentine’s Day. Make it a day out and stop to have a meal as well.
3. Buy something special for someone else. Do you have a parent, niece, or other relation that you want to let know you care for them. Take them shopping and purchase something that they love. It doesn’t have to be pricey. Just find out what things they like and use that as a guide.
4. Find a Valentine’s Day Event for Singles. Check out Meet-up.com or EventBrite to see what is happening in your area for singles.
5. Have an escape or murder mystery game night. These games will get you and your friends putting your heads together to have some great fun. Or, break out the popcorn, some good music and play these games alone. You can find many games online.
6. Check your local Winery or Brewery. Small batch wineries and breweries are very popular right now. They have great ambiance, sitting areas, and of course an opportunity to try some interesting beverages. You can go alone if you choose because the visitors and staff are friendly.
7. Have a movie night. Get your favorite treats, jump in your pj’s, and watch that movie you have been wanting to see.
8. Visit a restaurant you have been dying to go to. Try a new cuisine. It’s another way to connect with another culture.
9. Take a Day Trip. Consider taking a day trip to see something new. Travel is a great way to break away from usual humdrum.
10. Try a New Recipe. Find a favorite movie or TV show and cook a recipe from it. Here is one: Poulet Tchoupitoulas. In the beginning of the movie “The Last Holiday”, Queen Latifah is cooking while following Emeril Lagasse. Try it and see how it turns out. Emeril suggests that you serve the dish with white wine gravy. Yum!
11. Buy tickets to a sporting event or show. If going to see your favorite team or band is not something you usually do, then Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to splurge on yourself and give it a try.
You can do any of these activities alone or share them with a special friend or relation. This is the time of year to show someone they are loved. That’s the essence of Valentine’s Day.